Batting cages and warm-up mound usage
General Priority Rules:
- Teams under the supervision of a NWLL-approved coach have priority for the use of cages and mounds over individuals, pairs and small groups
- NWLL-registered individuals, pairs and small groups have priority over non-registered individuals, pairs, small groups or Select teams.
- A team using more than 1 cage or mound must yield to the next team seeking a cage or mound.
Scheduled cage usage and policies:
- Batting cages are reserved and scheduled by League Commissioners at all times prior to the start of games.
- Cages 1 and 2 (the cages adjoining and on either end of the batting cage building) and the soft-toss cages are reserved for Majors teams about to play a game for the 1 hour immediately preceding scheduled games.
- Cages 5 and 6 (the cages in the line alongside the practice pitching mounds) are reserved for Minors teams about to play a game for the 1 hour immediately preceding schedule games.
- Cage 3 is reserved for Coach Pitch 5:30 – 7:30 pm on weekdays.
- Cage 4 is reserved for Rookies 5:30 – 7:30pm on weekdays.
- Practice mounds are reserved for Majors and Minors teams about to play a game for the 1 hour immediately preceding scheduled games on a first-come, first served basis.
- Softball teams will have priority in Cages 3 ad 4 from 6:00 to 6:30 pm on weekdays.
- Except for the 1 hour immediately preceding scheduled games and the weekday schedule for specific divisions, cages and mounds are available on a first-come, first served basis per the ‘General Priority Rules’ above.
- Anyone using a cage must yield the cage when the team with a reservation arrives.
Soft toss policy:
- NO soft toss into the fences with baseballs. Tennis balls or wiffle balls are acceptable.